CW 5.9.0 listing or asm file generation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 5.9.0 listing or asm file generation

nagarajusripath
Contributor I

I want to generate asm files for the source code in C in CW 5.9.0 with MPC5644A. I could see the assembly code by right click on source code files and select the disassemble option. But that has to be done for all the source code files manually. Is there an option to chose and all the asm files are generated ?

From another post I came to know in CW 5.9.0 we cannot separate generate listing file for each C file.  Is it posible to generate one consolidated listing file from .elf ?

Regards

Nagaraju 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

FYI: Another option is:

1) enable object files to be created by pragma store_object_files

https://community.nxp.com/message/98264?commentID=98264#comment-98264 

2) enable Pre-linker batch runner:

pastedImage_3.png

3)create a batch file in your project folder that disassembles all object files generated e.g.

disassemble.bat:

"c:\Freescale\CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.10\PowerPC_EABI_Tools\Command_Line_Tools
\mwldeppc.exe" -S <Path to your project folder>\<ProjectName>_Data\internal_FLASH\ObjectCode
\*.o -o <Path to your project folder>\bin\

4) setup BatchRunner PreLinker to execute disassemble.bat before linking the project:

pastedImage_7.png

Rebuild the project and now the output directory should include the disassembly listings (*.s):

pastedImage_8.png

Stan

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi 

Yes, you can generate disassembly from .elf file.

all you need to do is to add .elf file into the IDE project and right click on it and select "Disassemble":

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps.

Stan

nagarajusripath
Contributor I

Thank you

0 Kudos