Did you mean: 

MPC5748 software reset command

Jump to solution
yuehedeng
Contributor III

Hi,can MPC5748 use following command to make a software reset:

MC_ME.MCTL.R = 0x00005AF0;          
 MC_ME.MCTL.R = 0x0000A50F;   

I test it in my board with these two line code, but MPC5748 just stop running, but doesn't reset itself. Is there any special configuration before using them to make a reset? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

no other initialization is required. This command will reset the device. You can check the MC_RGM_FES register - the F_SOFT_FUNC flag should be set.

If you step this code in debugger or if you write to MC_ME_MCTL by the debugger, it can happen that the debugger will not catch the reset event and the behavior is different than you expect. But there should not be any issue in normal run mode.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

no other initialization is required. This command will reset the device. You can check the MC_RGM_FES register - the F_SOFT_FUNC flag should be set.

If you step this code in debugger or if you write to MC_ME_MCTL by the debugger, it can happen that the debugger will not catch the reset event and the behavior is different than you expect. But there should not be any issue in normal run mode.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
yuehedeng
Contributor III

Thanks. It can reset successfully. Indeed, when in debug mode, the reset event can't be caught by ECU.

0 Kudos