I have looked at the design guide and the datasheet, but this is all there is for guidance.The datasheet for the LS1043ARDB has the following.
1) What are NXP recommendations for thermal protection?
2) Are there any other design guidelines specific to 1043 beyond what is provided below in the datasheet and design guide (I have attached the design guide and copied the datasheet below)?
3) Where is the1043ardb temperature sensor for temperature monitoring/interrupt signal generation located, located on 1043 die, on PCB or somewhere else?
4.2 Connection recommendations
- The chip has temperature diodes on the microprocessor that can be used in
conjunction with other system temperature monitoring devices (such as Analog
Devices, ADT7461A™). If a temperature diode monitoring device is not connected, these pins must be connected to GND.
5.2 Temperature diode
The chip has a temperature diode on the microprocessor that can be used in conjunction with other system temperature monitoring devices (such as Analog Devices, ADT7461A). These devices feature series resistance cancellation using three current measurements, where up to 1.5 kΩ of resistance can be automatically cancelled from the temperature result, allowing noise filtering and a more accurate reading.
The following are the specifications of the chip's on-board temperature diode:
Operating range: 10 - 230 μA
Ideality factor over 13.5 - 220 μA; Temperature range 80°C - 105°C: n = 1.004 } 0.008
- These pins should be tied to ground if the diode is not utilized for temperature