Is it possible to add serial bootloader functionality to otap bootloader?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add serial bootloader functionality to otap bootloader?

joachimk
Contributor II

Hi,

i have created a wireless project which uses ble + thread in concurence.

We need to update the firmware over-the-air, so i have programmed otap bootloader into the device (kw41z).

But we also want to update the firmware via a serial connection.

Is it possible to do so? Is there any document about this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

joachimk
Contributor II

Hi,

the document was really helpful! Thanks!

Is there any recommended Serial FlashTool for Windows?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joachim Keh

So, basically you need two bootloaders; we provide with these two bootloaders in the connectivity software, you can find them in the path: {MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2}\boards\frdmkw41z\wireless_examples\framework. Problem here is that they cannot coexist, because both of them are implemented to work as they were the only bootloader working. So if you want to use both of them, you need to combine this two bootloaders.

You can check section 3.21.Bootloader of the Connectivity Framework Reference Manual located in {MKW41Z_ConnSw_1.0.2}\docs\wireless\Common.

Hope this information helps you
Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

joachimk
Contributor II

Hi,

I tried flashing firmware via serial port with ./fsci_bootloader.py but it always breaks at 44.81% (-> gHandleBootError_d();) which resets the MCU.

Do you have any idea what is going wrong?

Additional info: OTAP works fine.

Thanks in advance.

error.JPG

0 Kudos

joachimk
Contributor II

Update / Solution:

-> Using .bin (raw binary) file instead of .srec file solves the problem.

0 Kudos