TWR-K60F 120M: Toolchain? Compiler Flags? ...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60F 120M: Toolchain? Compiler Flags? ...

Jump to solution
armendgecaj
Contributor III

Hi all,

i am using the TWR-K60F 120M Board. The processor is an ARM Cortex M4. I am trying to use Simulink to work with my Board. To develop a target in Simulink for my board, i need some informations.

1) Which toolchain can i use for my board (i think ARM GCC, is this right?).

2) I need the compiler and assambler flags, which will be used during the compilation and linking phase

3) I need a linker command file, which gives me information about the memory regions of the controller and which code will sit in which part of it.

Have someone any idea how i can get that informations?

Until today i only used CodeWarrior. There i did not need to know about the toolchain, compiler and assambler flags and the linker command file. But for Simulink i need that.

Best Regards

Armend

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1 You can choose either ARM GCC or Freescale ARM compiler. But I recommend you use ARM GCC. You can select it with project wizard

pastedImage_1.png

2 Could you please specify what is “the compiler and assambler flags”?

3  Once you create a new project with wizard, you will see *.ld(ARM GCC) or *.lcf (Freescacle ARM) file under the project folder. This is the linker command line file.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1 You can choose either ARM GCC or Freescale ARM compiler. But I recommend you use ARM GCC. You can select it with project wizard

pastedImage_1.png

2 Could you please specify what is “the compiler and assambler flags”?

3  Once you create a new project with wizard, you will see *.ld(ARM GCC) or *.lcf (Freescacle ARM) file under the project folder. This is the linker command line file.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

armendgecaj
Contributor III

Hi Jennie Zhang,

thank you for your help.

I am not sure what the compiler and assambler flags are, but i found something in the internet:

pastedImage_1.png

I have that from https://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/ARM_GCC But it's in german.

As you can see i need the Information about -mcpu, -mfloat-abi, -mfpu and -mthumb (for Cortex M4).

Where can i look for that information in codewarrior.

Perhaps the following always applies:

• -mcpu = cortex-m4
  • -mfpu = fpv4-sp-d16

But what about -mfloat-abi? It can be soft, softfp or hard.

Best Regards

Armend

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Amend.

if we create a new project with wizard, we can see -mfloat-abi can be:

pastedImage_1.png

each of above selection is for different library. for example, -mfloat-abi=hard is for this library:

pastedImage_3.png

we can check the project target processor here:

pastedImage_4.png

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang