How do you get a board included in the SDK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get a board included in the SDK?

jonbuford
Contributor I

I've developed modular system that has K22 and K64 controllers as part of the launch line. It is kind of a practical and more scalable version of the tower system at a price similar to the FRDM controllers or Arduino. I created a working test project using the current KDS produced by the MCUXpresso tools, and would love to be able to get our boards as ones available in the configuration. 

Here is the project overview video from the upcoming IndieGoGo campaign: Atomo IGG Launch w/LED Project - YouTube 

Here is an overview of the project I built: Atomo Blog - Atomo 

And here is a preview of the campaign I'm launching next week: https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/53bfc017#/ we've got Arrow on board as a partner having reviewed the designs. 

The controller specs you can find in the (proto) store: Microcontrollers 

Anyhow, I'd appreciate if someone could let me know if there is any chance of getting included in the boards in the SDK tool. 

Thanks, 

Jon

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jon,

very nice project! Could you be more specific, what integration into the SDK you mean? There are more things

- adding a board just into the MCUXpresso desktop tools

- support the board in the Kinetis SDK (drivers, etc.)

- support the board in the online version

The first one is quite easy, but with the next version the tools will be more tight to the SDK library so it may be a challenge. For now (if it helps your needs) you can create a user template from existing configuration (using menu File | Export | Tools Configuration | Export Configuration as Template) that you can use later or distribute.

Regards,

Libor

jonbuford
Contributor I

Hi Libor, 

Thanks for the quick reply! 

Ideally, it would be great to be listed as one of the boards in the board listing online for the SDK builder, same for modules getting listed in the accessories. I am not expecting a short term solution for this, the same as getting mbed integration (which we are also working on). 

As you said, for the shorter term, we can share the configuration files, and application projects, just more interested to understand where MCUXpresso is going for boards that use NXP parts but that are not internally developed. 

Best Regards, 

Jon

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jon,

I'll forward your question to the appropriate audience to consider 3rd party board support in the future.

Regards,

Libor