Question about operating distance of tags

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about operating distance of tags

sunpeter
Contributor I

I had a ntag213 tag,the dimension was 45mm*25mm,its operating distance was 4cm.

If I used MIFARE Ultralight C(50pf),MIFARE Plus EV1(70pf),or MIFARE DESFIRE EV2(70pf) instead of ntag213,with the same field strengh and suitable tag antennas,could they have the operating distance of 4cm or more?

In addition,without regard to field strength and tag's antenna geometry,only regard to tag ICs,if the ICs have bigger input capacitance,they could have further operating distance?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Peter,

The input C is not for the distance purpose but for the fre tuning purpose. Large input C means less requirement for L for resonance in the same Fre. And for operation distance it will much more related to the IC dissipation, MIFARE UL C, Plus EV1 and DESFIRE EV2 has high power dissipation than NTAG213, cause it has much more powerful security core that operation distance will be less than NTAG 213.

Have a great day,
weidong

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos