Which meta do I have to use to build an image based on Yocto Fido 1.8?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which meta do I have to use to build an image based on Yocto Fido 1.8?

Jump to solution
giorgiopresciut
Contributor II

Dear NXP Community,

I'm trying to build an image for an imx6qsabresd board using Yocto Fido 1.8. Which are the freescale's meta I need to use?

Browsing Google I've found this link: FSL Community BSP that mentions the following metas:

Do I need to use them or the old "meta-fsl-arm-extra", "meta-fsl-demos" metas? Does this new metas support Yocto 1.8?

Thanks in advance for your time

Regards,

Fabio

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Giorgio Presciutti,

The FSL Community BSP is actually composed of those three layers and a couple more. If you were to import those three layers you would find out that a lot of dependencies are not met (mainly from poky and open embedded).

Please follow the directions on the Documentation section of the FSL Community BSP in order to retrieve all the layers of the Community BSP.

$ repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b fido

$ repo sync

You would then need to setup the bitbake environment using the script and it will configure your build directory with all the necessary layers to build an image for your board.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Giorgio Presciutti,

The FSL Community BSP is actually composed of those three layers and a couple more. If you were to import those three layers you would find out that a lot of dependencies are not met (mainly from poky and open embedded).

Please follow the directions on the Documentation section of the FSL Community BSP in order to retrieve all the layers of the Community BSP.

$ repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b fido

$ repo sync

You would then need to setup the bitbake environment using the script and it will configure your build directory with all the necessary layers to build an image for your board.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos