cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nxp reader library difference between v4.050 and v4.06

kevin_lin
Contributor I

Hi guys,

I port NXP reader library v4.050.03.011702 for my custom board using CLRC663 and other MCU, it work except LPCD and I have no idea how to make LPCD work.

And I try to use the same port for newer library v4.060 (NxpNfcRdLib_RC663_LPC1769_v04.06.00_Full_SW2978) to give it a shot, but it's not work, even the normal operation. When it runs the FW said "tech detected" but there was no card near the reader. Don't know the reason.

Any suggestion? Thanks very much.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kevin,

About LPCD mode of CLRC663, you should not focus on NFC reader library, In CLRC663 datasheet & AN11145, LPCD has been describe it clearly, you should set following registers:

(1) Register for standby

(2) Register for LPCD

(3) Interrupt register

AN11145: http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN11145.pdf 

Datasheet: http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/CLRC663.pdf 

See Following please:

7.9.3 Low-Power Card Detection (LPCD)
    The low-power card detection is an energy saving mode in which the CLRC663 is not fully powered permanently.
    The LPCD works in two phases.
    First the standby phase is controlled by the wake-up counter (WUC), which defines the duration of the standby of the CLRC663.
    Second phase is the detection-phase. In this phase the values of the I and Q channel are detected and stored in the register map. (LPCD_I_Result, LPCD_Q_Result).This time period can be handled with Timer3. The value is compared with the min/max values in the registers(LPCD_IMin, LPCD_IMax; LPCD_QMin, LPCD_QMax). If it exceeds the limits, a LPCDIRQ is raised.After the command LPCD the standby of the CLRC663 is activated, if selected. The wake-up Timer4 can activate the system after a given time.
     For the LPCD it is recommended to set T4AutoWakeUp and T4AutoRestart, to start the timer and then go to standby. If a card is detected the communication can be started. If T4AutoWakeUp is not set, the IC will not enter Standby mode in case no card is detected.
Best Regards,

Have a great day,
Weidong

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos