cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6SDL camera format

Jump to solution
chrisroed
Contributor IV

I have an IMX6SDL with a CSI camera.  I'm confused whether or not I can use a YUV420 camera?

It looks like the CSI port is at least capable of receiving YUV420 data (41.5.10) but the IPU looks like it won't accept YUV420 data (IPU_CSIx_SENS_CONF doesn't have YUV420 option, Table 38.2 has no YUV420 entry).

I've *been* using a YUV422 camera with gst-imx to do the color conversion and encoding but would like to migrate away from a gStreamer application.  I figured if I could get the camera to ouput YUV420 and pipe it directly to the VPU I could skip having to implement the color conversion....

Thanks!

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris

please check Table 37-2. Data Formats Supported By The Camera Port

i.MX6DQ Reference Manual

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf

YUV420 is not supported, it can be processed as generic data.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris

please check Table 37-2. Data Formats Supported By The Camera Port

i.MX6DQ Reference Manual

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf

YUV420 is not supported, it can be processed as generic data.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!