cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Features of Vivante VDK tools

gregoryzaccaro
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm working on a project in which we need to get statistics related to a GC2000 GPU utilization.

We found that it is possible via vProfiler and vAnalyzer tools. By activating the profiling option, we can generate binaries (a.k.a. .vpd files), then open and export them with vAnalyzer tool.

For our project we need to export the statistics contained in the .vpd file with our custom application, to do so I would like to know :

1) Could we get access to the statistics gathered in the .vpd file in real time ?

2) If not, is there is a way to "decrypt" the .vpd file directly in our application (as vAnalyzer does)

3) If not, can we call the vAnalyzer tool via the command line to : load the .vpd file and export it in a .csv file format

Thank you,

Gregory Zaccaro

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gregory,

1) Could we get access to the statistics gathered in the .vpd file in real time ?

--Sorry no, VProfiler collect real-time performance metrics, however vAnalyzer used this vprofiler data file to post-processing visual the profiling results

2) If not, is there is a way to "decrypt" the .vpd file directly in our application (as vAnalyzer does)

---- No, vProfiler collects information on GPU usage and on calls to Vivante functions within the graphics pipeline. Vivante is the creator of this tool, you migth need contact vivante corp now named Verisillicon

3) If not, can we call the vAnalyzer tool via the command line to : load the .vpd file and export it in a .csv file format

Not from command line. but, The performance counters in a chart can be dumped to a .csv file by selecting from the dropdown menu Chart /
Export Data From. The .csv file can be viewed using Excel or another text viewer.
The chart can also be dumped to a .png file by selecting from the main menu Chart / Save chart to PNG

Hope this helps

0 Kudos