AnsweredAssumed Answered

Newbie question on how to upload code to KE02

Question asked by David Crocker on Mar 3, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 by Otavio Borges

I'm new to NXP processors but I've been programming Atmel ATTINY and ATSAM processors for several years. I want to use the KE02 processors to replace the ATTINY in existing designs and for new designs. So the first thing I need is a tool chain and programming tool for the KE02. Two questions:

1. I currently use Eclipse/gcc under Windows for my ATSAM work and I would like to use the same approach for the KE02. For the ATSAM I was able to download Atmel Software Framework, which provides CMSIS and device driver C source and header files. Is there an equivalent package for the KE02?

2. I have so far found very little information about how to upload code to my own KE02 designs. I want an inexpensive solution for development and low-volume production, not an expensive mass-production tool. I have read that the Freedom dev boards use an on-board OpenSDA adapter for programming. Can I buy a standalone OpenSDA adapter? I happen to have a FRDM-KL25Z board lying around: can I use that to program the KE02? Or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes