cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Reader library EMCA compliance

ravikiran1
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using NFC reader library from NXP along with CLEV663B device.  We would like to design a secure NFC reader which is compliant to EMC A Welcome to Ecma International  

Please let me know, if NXP reader library supports this 

Thansk

7 Replies

ravikiran1
Contributor II

Kan_Li ,

No, I am looking for ECMA compliance. Just want to know whether CLRC663 along with secure NFC library (4.0.6) is ECMA compliant or not? 

Welcome to Ecma International 

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ravikiran,

Thanks for the information! but which ECMA standard are you referring to? Ecma Standards - list Would you please help to specify?

Best regards,

Kan

0 Kudos

ravikiran1
Contributor II

Hi Kan Li,

I am looking for ECMA385/386 for secure NFC communication.

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ravikiran,

Thanks for the information! These two standards are for security, but the NFC reader library don't have security support , so it has no compliance with ECMA385/386,  you have to check if you selected a security algorithm that is compliant with ECMA385/386.

Hope that makes sense,
Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ravikiran1
Contributor II

Hope I understood your answer correctly.

So, you mean to say that any security standards need to implemented by the application or product developer. For example, If I want to use ECMA or S3 authentication or ISO compliant ISO7816-4 security methods need to be implemented by application developer. NXP librarary doesn't support this. Is that correct? 

I have another question probably the last one on security :smileyhappy:

NXP reader library user guide UM10721 - Page-4 mandates to have a external SAM for security framework. We would like to skip this SAM for various design issues on our platform. We would like to use our HOST application processor (A cortex M3 with crypto support) for all security implementation. Please can you suggest if NXP reader library already supports such a requirements?. If, yes please can you point me to the right place where I can start from ?

Appreciate your help. :smileyhappy: 

Thanks again ! 

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ravikiran HV,

please kindly refer to the following for details.

So, you mean to say that any security standards need to implemented by the application or product developer. For example, If I want to use ECMA or S3 authentication or ISO compliant ISO7816-4 security methods need to be implemented by application developer. NXP librarary doesn't support this. Is that correct? 

-- Yes, that is correct.

I have another question probably the last one on security

NXP reader library user guide UM10721 - Page-4 mandates to have a external SAM for security framework. We would like to skip this SAM for various design issues on our platform. We would like to use our HOST application processor (A cortex M3 with crypto support) for all security implementation. Please can you suggest if NXP reader library already supports such a requirements?. If, yes please can you point me to the right place where I can start from ?

-- No, NXP reader library doesn't support security, but it is ok to implement all security by your Host application processor without the external SAM.

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ravikiran HV,

Do you mean ECMAScript? Please kindly help to clarify.

Best regards,

Kan