cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading from IMX6QP Sabre to IMX6Q Sabre

Jump to solution
mcergun
Contributor III

I have developed a driver for a grayscale imaging sensor on imx6qpsabresd. Now we are downgrading the system to a custom board that is built like a IMX6Q sabre board(same connections same properties, only difference is physical size).

YOCTO can successfully apply my older patch for grayscale and compiling seems smooth. The problem is I can't get any vision data even though the module loads and I2C connections works. I'd like to know where should I be looking next in order to debug this problem more efficiently.

Are there any difference in IPU chips, VPU chips?

Are drivers built using same architectures(even though the patches apply without a problem, I still have some suspicions about this one)?

1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mert

Differences are in Memory bandwidth, The Quad Plus increases the memory band width substantially without changing anything significantly in the software or the hardware. Also, For QuadPlus clock frequency of the internal bus and by increase in the bus width from 64 bit to 128 bit.  

If you are building the BSP you would need to select your machine since there are a couple of differences between the i.MX6Q and the i.MX6QP, specifically in device tree.

Hope this helps 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mert

Differences are in Memory bandwidth, The Quad Plus increases the memory band width substantially without changing anything significantly in the software or the hardware. Also, For QuadPlus clock frequency of the internal bus and by increase in the bus width from 64 bit to 128 bit.  

If you are building the BSP you would need to select your machine since there are a couple of differences between the i.MX6Q and the i.MX6QP, specifically in device tree.

Hope this helps