We meet a strange issue when programming nor flash of LS1023A with codewarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We meet a strange issue when programming nor flash of LS1023A with codewarrior

lindaliu
Contributor I

for our boards in which LS1023A is used,  we use nor flash as boot sourec (cfg_rcw_src[0:8] is 0x25). we did pre-programming RCW with nor flash in manufacture. When we received the boards its ok we can use codewarrior to connect our board then program u-boot succesfully

However during bring up,  several boards are wrongly programmed so that the RCW is probably destroyed. We have to change the hardware strap pins to 0x9E which is hard-coded mode (both SYSCLK and DDRCLK in our design is 100MHz), but under this case when we triy to re-program RCW, it alway says:

fl_current nor

fl_unprotect 0x100000 0x87c67

Unprotecting....

Error: Protocol error with Rcmd

FP: id verify fail

I have tried program/erase/blank check the same issue. Please see the figure below.

Could you help me check why? How can we fixed it?codewarrior error.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use the RCW override option form CW and not set the board to hardcoded RCW. In Target Initialization file set USE_SAFE_RCW = True, make sure in Reset () function rcw source is set to your RCW hardcoded option. Also, when RCW override is use you have to set SERDES to 100 MHz (since all hard-coded options are defined with serdes protocol 0x0). On LS1023ARDB board this is done by SW3[4] = 0.

Adrian

0 Kudos