Getting a chosen Receiver to receive data from the Xtrinsic MPXy8700 Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a chosen Receiver to receive data from the Xtrinsic MPXy8700 Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor

menelius
Contributor I
Our receiver ist a RXM-433-KH3 from Linx technologies (I have put the datasheet as an attachment to this email). We ve made sure that the frequencies (433Mhz) are correct, and that it can receive RF signals.
After hooking the receiver up on a power source, neither were we able to get a confirmation that it does recognize something in the said frequency, nor can we receive any data (the data output being the same signal regardless if a frequency was available or not).
I ve got a few questions now concerning our problem:
- Is it possible to receive the data with our chosen receiver?
- Is it possible to find out the adress of the
MPXy8700?
- And finally, if our chosen receiver doesnt work. Could you give us a suggestion for a receiver which works with the MPXy8700?
I would really appreciate your response, and thank you in advance.
2 Replies

mfugere
Contributor III

I briefly looked at the datasheet - this Linx module is expressly designed to be used with other Linx transmitter modules which explicitly encode node addressing information into their transmissions.  This receiver will receive data but will not present any data unless it receives transmission with the matching addressing packet to which it has been configured.   The datasheet is not clear on the format of the transmission or on the method of modulation employed.  Some of the address encoding seems like it may be proprietary to their company's products.

The TPMS systems use basic 433MHz ASK/OOK modulated data transmission.   I would start with getting a plain, non-intelligent receiver or transceiver of that type, and work with that to see what transmission data you get from the MPXY8700 device.  MAXIM and others make ICs for this, or if you need a preassembled module, there are various hobbyist sites like seeedstudio, sparkfun, arduino and others that may suffice.   Note that 433MHz is used for many things, and not all these prebuilt modules are of the same quality.

menelius
Contributor I
Hello
Thank you very much for your answer. That has really helped us alot!!! We will check out your suggestions.
Regards

Louis Bärtschiger
0 Kudos