Emulate two MIFARE Cards on SmartMX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emulate two MIFARE Cards on SmartMX

nc
Contributor II

Reading "SmartMX2 family P60D145y VB" data sheet I came across this line about MIFARE FleX:

" For optimum convergence solutions both MIFARE Plus (alternatively also MIFARE Classic as a subset) and MIFARE DESFire EV1 can be combined with the same customer OS "

Doe's this mean SmartMX2 can simulate both MIFARE Plus and DESFire EV1 together ?

I also have another question about SmartMX:

Let's say SmartMX emulates Mifare Plus. Because it's emulated tag that actually resides in memory under control of card operating system is it possible to format the tag even if some sectors are blocked ?

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nika,

Please kindly refer to the following for details.

Doe's this mean SmartMX2 can simulate both MIFARE Plus and DESFire EV1 together ?

Yes, SMX2 can have both of them together.

is it possible to format the tag even if some sectors are blocked ?

Yes, you may reset sectors to default values, please see the firmware spec document for how to do it.

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nc
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply,

Can you tell me which firmware spec and where in it can we find about resetting sectors ?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nika,

The firmware spec documentation is available in the docstore, and you have to sign NDA at first and register an account to download it. Please contact your local DFAE to help with the NDA. Please kindly refer to Distributor Network|NXP for details.

I also attached the docstore user guide here.

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

nc
Contributor II

Hi Kan,

We have already signed the DNA and have access to docstore.
There are quite many specifications in there, I am interested in which document and where are those features written in detail so that we can implement it.

Thanks,
Nika

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nika,

You may refer to the following doc and search “Desfire” in the document to find the related information.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope that helps,
Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos