cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereo audio in using i.MX6UL and Android Things

Jump to solution
koenraadverheyd
Contributor II

We would like to implement an audio processing library on Android Things. For improved performance we want to use two microphones / audio inputs.

The two official Android Things development boards both feature the SGTL5000, which has stereo line in.

The Pico i.MX6UL (which I was trying out already) unfortunately does not have the line in wired to a physical jack. The Android Things framework also does not seem to recognize the line in input: there is only a single input device when querying AudioDeviceInfo.

Is it possible to modify the Android Things system image to expose the line in as inputs?

The Argon does feature a separate jack line in. Can someone confirm that the line in jack supports stereo audio? This is not entirely clear from the datasheet.

Is it also possible to access the line in with the Android Things framework?

Thank you,

Koenraad

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Is it possible to modify the Android Things system image to expose the line in as inputs?. ANSWER. No,

Google will host and update the image of the board that has been tested and approved,  developers only can use the USER-SPACE drivers,  provided by Google Services.

Can someone confirm that the line in jack supports stereo audio? This is not entirely clear from the datasheet.

ANSWER.  It is better to ask ARGON regarding their HW, but based on what it is in the Web Page and in the User Manual, I would said it is possible and Android Things should have the support to handle the Line In using the Audio Service in the user space driver.

Have a nice day sir!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Is it possible to modify the Android Things system image to expose the line in as inputs?. ANSWER. No,

Google will host and update the image of the board that has been tested and approved,  developers only can use the USER-SPACE drivers,  provided by Google Services.

Can someone confirm that the line in jack supports stereo audio? This is not entirely clear from the datasheet.

ANSWER.  It is better to ask ARGON regarding their HW, but based on what it is in the Web Page and in the User Manual, I would said it is possible and Android Things should have the support to handle the Line In using the Audio Service in the user space driver.

Have a nice day sir!