I.MX6 - GUI Framework (HTML5)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6 - GUI Framework (HTML5)

markopavlovic
Contributor I

Customer is using the imx6 family for their products and they have successfully managed to produce products using QT framework on top of your processors without X windows (EGL surface on top of FB).

Here is the question:

Now we need to explore further our options and check other GUI frameworks that use new technologies (HTML5). For that reason we want to be able to use/test X11 configuration (Electron Atom Framework with nodejs). Among other  we also need to be able to use dual H/W accelerated screen (this is not feasible now with 3.10.17 kernel and as i have found out not even with 4.1.15 kernel, and please correct me if i am wrong). Also we need to be able to determine if, with vivante GPU and by using 3.10.17 or 4.1.15 kernel, is doable to use  hardware accelerated canvas (output taken from chromiumengine using X11):

Graphics Feature Status

• Canvas: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled

Also ideally we would like to know if hw acceleration can be enabled, how and what this means in terms of development.

Let me point out that for us is very important to be able to determine if dual hw accelerated screen is not feasible on X11 due to H/W or S/W limitation since we haven't seen this working even on the latest BSP from NXP.

Best regards,

Marko

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually our Yocto Project has chromium-imx recipes to enable hardware acceleration for X11, XWayland and Wayland version Chromium Browser for i.MX SoC with GPU hardware.
Note that the VPU patches created by the community have problems but community GPU patches work.

Please refer Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide I attached for the details.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos