cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 h.264 VPU encode interlaced video

jamiew
Contributor III

Hello

I'm using the i.mx6q VPU to h.264 encode progressive video fine. But now I need to encode interlaced video where each field arrives in a separate buffer V4L2_FIELD_ALTERNATE.

How can I tell the encoder that each buffer is an alternate field?

I can't  see from reading "i.MX 6Dual/6Quad VPU Application Programming Interface Linux Reference Manual" how you tell it you are sending interlaced frames or individual fields?

At the moment it does encode the fields, however it does each one as a separate frame meaning the player displays half height video.

Thanks

Jamie

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To be successfully encoded, the input interlaced TV stream should be de-interlaced first in the Image Processing Unit module (IPU, not VPU) first. Please refer to the Chapter 7 "Multimedia", especially, to the Sections 7.3.8 "Recording the TV-in source" and 7.3.3 "Video encoding" of the attached "i.MX Linux User's Guide" and to the "VPU Gstreamer deep dive" slides. For the information on the existing IPU driver features, please refer to the Chapter 6 "Image Processing Unit (IPU) Drivers" of the attached "i.MX Linux Reference Manual" document.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos