Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question about my project

skysword
Contributor II

Hi all,

My project has 3 warnings at build time, with the following 3 warnings:

1.Overlap of the .rodata section and heap section. 

2.Overlap of the .rodata section and stack section. 

3.Specified length of memory directive 'internal_ram' was exceeded within section '.rodata': specified 0x00008000 but length is now 0x00024AD0. 

My IDE is codewarrior 10.7

In my project 150th a mpc5606S_DCU.c, when I comment the code above, the 3 warning did not have, and this code will appear above the 3 warning.

1.What do these 3 warnings mean?

2.is this 3 warning is how to produce?

3.How to eliminate these 3 warnings?

Attached is my project, thank you

Original Attachment has been moved to: H04-SPC5606SF2VLU6R-V0.3.zip

0 Kudos
4 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I was not able to compile your project. Which target you use, RAM or FLASH?

If you use RAM target, it seems, you do not have enough memory, because these warnings tell you, the sections defined in linker file are overlapped and section .rodata in not big enough to save all the data.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

skysword
Contributor II

Hello,

My target is to use RAM.

I'm working on a project "MPC5606S-DEMO-LM75B+TFT_v0_1-CW210",This project uses the IDE as"Freescale\CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.10"。I want to transplant this project to the IDE environment "CodeWarrior V10.7"。I would like to ask how to transplant or how to have a ready-made example。

Thinks a lot。

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

this microcontroller does not have enough RAM memory to run this project from RAM target. This is the reason why linker tells you, there is section overlap. You have to use FLASH target for correct working.

If you want to convert project from CodeWarrior 2.10 to CW 10.7, you have to move all source and header files manually and if you use some special compiler and linker options, you have to transfer if too. 

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

skysword
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos