Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning fuse bits using MFGTool on i.MX6UL-EVK

Jump to solution
punitkumar
Contributor IV

Hi

I'm trying to burn Fuse bits of OCOTP_CFG4 on my i.MX6UL-EVK to select boot device (uSDcard uSDHC2) without using the 4 switches given on evk board.

I've added following commands to do the same-

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ ls /sys/fsl_otp/HW_OCOTP_CFG4 ">Showing HW_OCOTP fuse bank</CMD>
 <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 0x852 > /sys/fsl_otp/HW_OCOTP_CFG4">write 0x00000852 to HW_OCOTP_CFG4 fuse bank</CMD>
 <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ cat /sys/fsl_otp/HW_OCOTP_CFG4">Read value from HW_OCOTP_CFG4 fuse bank</CMD>

These lines are added just after "Finishing rootfs write" and before "Unmounting rootfs partition".

But on running the process, the fsl_otp is not found in sys directory and the process halted at first command listed above.

But as the OS image is downloaded successfully, I booted the board and checked for fsl_otp and it is there.

can someone help me over that, how can I burn fuses using MFGTool?

Thanks

Regards

Punit Kumar

Labels (3)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Punit

one can try to add otp driver to mfg tools firmware setting CONFIG_FSL_OTP=y in imx_v7_mfg_defconfig

then rebuild it using sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool attached Yocto Guide.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Punit

one can try to add otp driver to mfg tools firmware setting CONFIG_FSL_OTP=y in imx_v7_mfg_defconfig

then rebuild it using sect.6.2 Manufacturing Tool, MFGTool attached Yocto Guide.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos