cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microcontroller with 10 nano-edge PWM output

davidelusignani
Contributor II

Hi,

I am Davide, from University of Parma (Italy).

I need to use 10x NanoEdge PWM output on a university project, I have already used KV4x (MKV46F256VLL16) microcontroller but it has only 8 nano-edge output.

I can't find any microcontroller of any family that have up to 10 nano-edge PWM output, someone can help me to find a device whit this functionality?

I also work with KV5x microcontroller but i suppose 2° PWM peripheral non support nano-edge.

Thanks in advance,
Davide.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, davide,

As you know that both MC56F84xxx/MC56F82xxx and KV families have eFlexPWM modules, the MC56F84789 and KV58 have TWO eFlexPWM modules, but only one eFlexPWM module supports nano-edge PWM, another eFlexPWM does not support nano-edge PWM, you can generate at most 8 PWM signals with nano-edge PWM feature. In conclusion, it is impossible to generate 10 PWM signals with nano-edge PWM feature.

If you want to generate 10 INDEPENDENT PWM signals, as a workaround, I think you can use PWM_X signal as the output signals, in other words, you can output PWM0_A0/PWM0_B0/PWM0_X0, PWM0_A1/PWM0_B1/PWM0_X1, PWM0_A2/PWM0_B2, PWM0_A3/PWM0_B3, it is okay. You can use PWM1_SM0 to generate the PWM_Sync signal to synchronize the 4 PWM0 sub-modules, in this way, you can use value0 and value1 register to control PWM0_X timing with nano-edge feature.

If you want to generate 5 complementary pair PWM signals with nano-edge feature, at the time being, I think it is impossible.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun rong

0 Kudos