Issue when the element clockoverlay added to the recording pipeline will lead to high cpu usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when the element clockoverlay added to the recording pipeline will lead to high cpu usage

chuntahuang
Contributor I

Hi,

I try to use gstreamer-imx for recording camera stream, and it works as the following,

gst-launch-1.0 imxv4l2videosrc device=/dev/video0 num-buffers=1800 do-timestamp=true ! video/x-raw,format=I420,width=1280,height=720,framerate=30/1 ! queue ! imxvpuenc_h264 bitrate=5000 gop-size=30 ! queue ! h264parse ! matroskamux ! filesink location=/run/media/mmcblk1p1/output_HD_30_2.mkv sync=false &

with low cpu usage (<8%), but when I add the element clockoverlay to the pipeline, e.g.

gst-launch-1.0 imxv4l2videosrc device=/dev/video0 num-buffers=1800 do-timestamp=true ! video/x-raw,format=I420,width=1280,height=720,framerate=30/1 ! queue ! clockoverlay auto-resize=false time-format="%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S" ! imxvpuenc_h264 bitrate=5000 gop-size=30 ! queue ! h264parse ! matroskamux ! filesink location=/run/media/mmcblk1p1/output_HD_30_2_OSD.mkv sync=false &

then the cpu usage become very high (>30%),

how to solve this problem ? any suggestion will be welcome

Best Regards,

Huang

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

perhaps the following helps.