Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISL79985 capture cvbs have flicker.

lwx
Contributor II

Hi all,
I have finished ISL79985 job with the reference blow:
iMX6DQ ISL79985/79987 MIPI CSI2 CVBS camera surround view solution for Linux BSP

My platfomr is IMX6Q with BSP L4.1.15.

But I have some qustions.
1.ISL79985 input is CVBS(PAL/NTSC) output is BT656, and I want to know  is output support 720X576 ?

2.I capture the PAL CVBS and save in file encode into mp4, it has a bit flicker?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. I want to know is output support 720X576 ?

A. Yes, it supports, since this is standard CVBS mode resolution.

Q. I capture the PAL CVBS and save in file encode into mp4, it has a bit flicker?

A. There seems to be some camera synchronization issue, check the camera's signal integrity.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nguyenmr
Contributor III

Hi  Li Wuxiang,

i also use isl79985 for IMX6Q with BSP L4.1.15. I can capture image on android to .jpg file, but the size only is 720*240, so it is not good quality. I want to save image in 720*480 size.

If i use interlaced mode, i can save image in 72*480, but interlaced mode is not good for record moving object, we can see "combining" in movement between two fields of one frame.

Interlaced_mode.jpg

Did you try to capture image in 720*480 size?

Thanks!

Regards,

Nguyen

0 Kudos

lwx
Contributor II

Hi Nguyen,

Yes I also capture in 720*480 size, the result is the same(flicker).  In interlaced mode,  pls  try  CSI->PRP->MEM  to deinterlace. And did u modity any register of SIL79985 to fit your camera?

0 Kudos

nguyenmr
Contributor III

Hi Li,

i don't modify any register of ISL79985, it's default as original driver "L4.1.15_ISL7998x_Surroundview_Patch_20161122.zip"

I don't try to use de-interlace yet, can you give me more detail information  about CSI->PRP->MEM?

and with de-interlace, is result become much better?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos