How to use lpc54608 SDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use lpc54608 SDK

Anonymous
Deactivated User

I created and downloaded an SDK for the lpc54608 using the MCUXpresso (see Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools ) and got it to work with LPCXpresso.

This means I can now create/download and debug code on my LPCXpresso54608 board and one of the first things I tried is a simple blinky using the systick but I had a little problem getting the GPIO port to work.

I used the fsl_gpio driver provided, the GPIO port was configured using:

#define USER_LED_1_PORT  3
#define USER_LED_1_PIN  14

/* Define the init structure for the output LED pin*/
    gpio_pin_config_t led_config = {
        kGPIO_DigitalOutput, 0,

};

/* Init output LED GPIO. */

GPIO_PinInit(GPIO, USER_LED_1_PORT, USER_LED_1_PIN, &led_config);
    GPIO_WritePinOutput(GPIO, USER_LED_1_PORT, USER_LED_1_PIN, 0);

and GPIO_WritePinOutput was used in the SysTick_Handler to toggle the GPIO pin.

Unfortunately this did not work. SYSCON->AHBCLKCTRL[0] |= (1<<17) needs to be added in order to enable the clock to GPIO3.

The lpc54608 user manual clearly mentions this in the "Basic configuration" chapter but I cound not find this in the SDK documentation. After browsing through the examples I noticed there is a non-documented CLOCK_EnableClock() function to do this. The example in the SDK documentation does not use this function but does contain a reference to a Board_InitHardware() function that is not documented.

So currently I need the SDK documentation, example programs and the user manual to get even basic functions to work.

I think that enabling/disabling clocks for a peripheral should be part of the driver. If not, any additional initialization that needs to be done before using a peripheral should be clearly documented.

How mature will the SDK be? Is it supposed to be usable for (commercial) projects, do we have any influence on the content for the different drivers? Is there, or will there be, a bug report system to log problems like this and get them solved in a new release?

Regards,

Rob

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

LPCXpresso IDE v8.2.2 has no built in knowledge or support for the LPC5460x family - though you can expect news on this front in the not too distant future.

Questions and issues with the SDK itself are probably best posted into the SDK forum : MCUXpresso SDK and indepth LPC chip behaviour questions in the LPC forum : https://community.nxp.com/community/lpc 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

Anonymous
Deactivated User
LPCXpresso IDE v8.2.2 has no built in knowledge or support for the LPC5460x family

True, the MCUXpresso IDE is not yet available so there is no LPCXpresso like environment for this chip.

What I did is select the LPC54113J256, the LPC5411x flash driver works with the LPC54608, and edit the memory layout.

I can compile, download and debug without any problems. The only thing is that the peripherals are different so the peripheral view cannot be used. But at least this does allow me to start with software development.

Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos