cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QT 5.8 / IMX6

shani
Contributor I

Hi,

We are working on a custom board designed around IMX6 DL processor. Our application development is going to be based around QT.

The BSP that we installed last year from NXP in April/May 2016 time frame had QT 5.5.1 support built in.

1. Does anybody know what QT version is supported in the latest BSP, i.e. the one that was released later last year?

2. The latest QT release is version 5.8. If we were intending to use that version on our platform, is there anyway to use that? Do we have to perform any custom port exercise?

3. QT official documentation mentions "QT 5.8 for device creation". Has anybody tried that on IMX6 DL platform?

Thanks,

Shani

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Shani,

(1) While the README file of the L4.1.15_2.0.0 BSP Release states Qt 5.5 this is an error and it uses Qt 5.6.

(2) If you wish to use a newer version of Qt you would need to port it. There may be yocto layers with Qt 5.8 packages but the porting requires reviewing dependencies etc. You would need to consult Qt documentation regarding this.

(3) I haven’t personally tested Qt 5.8 for device creation but the Official documentation does mention i.MX6 boards so it should be able to work for an i.MX6DL board.

I hope this information helps.
Regards,

0 Kudos