Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft reset on LPC812

Jump to solution
theodorosveryki
Contributor II

Hello,

I want to provoke a soft reset on my LPC812 while debugging, without losing the connection with my debugger.

Both the watchdog timer and the NVIC_SystemReset() command break the connection with the debugger unfortunately and I was wondering whether there is an alternative solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Theo

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Theodoros Verykios,

I have tried the software reset on my LPC812 board based on the lpcopen code.

After trigger the software reset, the debugger won't be disconnected, the debugger I am using is the lpclink2 with JLINK and CMSIS DAP firmware.

Both JLINK and CMSIS DAP debugger firmware won't be disconnected when do debugging.

This is picture:

1. Run to NVIC_SystemReset();

pastedImage_2.png

2.  Add break points under main, click RUN again.

pastedImage_3.png

You can find the code is stop in SystemCoreClockUpdate(); it means the system is reset, and debug still connect.

So, you can use the LPCLINK2 with the lpcopen code, and try it on your side again.

Any question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Theodoros Verykios,

I have tried the software reset on my LPC812 board based on the lpcopen code.

After trigger the software reset, the debugger won't be disconnected, the debugger I am using is the lpclink2 with JLINK and CMSIS DAP firmware.

Both JLINK and CMSIS DAP debugger firmware won't be disconnected when do debugging.

This is picture:

1. Run to NVIC_SystemReset();

pastedImage_2.png

2.  Add break points under main, click RUN again.

pastedImage_3.png

You can find the code is stop in SystemCoreClockUpdate(); it means the system is reset, and debug still connect.

So, you can use the LPCLINK2 with the lpcopen code, and try it on your side again.

Any question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!