cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GenericSPI: No inherited component assigned

Jump to solution
asfarley
Contributor IV

I'm trying to configure the SPI1 bus using the FRDM-K22F. The PE component GenericSPI gives an error when added to the design: No Inherited Component Assigned. The SPI Channel dropdown does not contain any values. 

Configuring the SPIMaster_LDD component seems to work fine. I've already configured the SPI1 pins in the PinSettings component. 

Why can't I configure the GenericSPI component? Is there something I need to do first? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexander,

The 'GenericSPI' component is for legacy HCS08 and ColdFire devices, and the 'SPI channel' points to their Init_SPIxxx component. So it is not applicable for Kinetis (as the API is different). The documentation for the component was not clear abou this (I appologize!), so I have updated it.

If you want to use a software (bit banging) SPI implementation, you could use the GenericSWSPI too:

pastedImage_1.png

Erich

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexander,

The 'GenericSPI' component is for legacy HCS08 and ColdFire devices, and the 'SPI channel' points to their Init_SPIxxx component. So it is not applicable for Kinetis (as the API is different). The documentation for the component was not clear abou this (I appologize!), so I have updated it.

If you want to use a software (bit banging) SPI implementation, you could use the GenericSWSPI too:

pastedImage_1.png

Erich