cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

allacate one byte in ZC memory for each node based on ieee addr - ZigBee

bitasobhani
Contributor III

Hi all,

I need to allocate one byte in zigbee coordinator memory for each node in the network based on the node ieee addresses.
each node may transmit one byte to the coordinator
when the coordinator received the byte, it stores it in the associated memory based on the ieee addrr of the node.
my problem is that in the received packet the coordinator can determine only the short network address not ieee address.  how it can access to ieee address of the node.

I know one way is by using ASL_IEEE_addr_req function, but I don't know where to use it.
the other way is to form an address map table in the coordinator before sending packets, but I don't know how it can access to short network addresses when filling the table

can anyone help me?
Thanks alot

Added product to subject.

Message Edited by NLFSJ on 2008-07-23 12:35 PM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Mads
Contributor V
Hi bitsobhani,
The address map is properly not the best location to contain all this information, but a host processor like a PC would be ideal.

If you look at the supplied out of the box demonstration (ZeD) it uses the ieee_addr_request or nwk_addr_request to discover all nodes, and based on the CSKIP algorithm you can determin which devices is routers and then travel through the network and find all nodes.

this is not a simple task that can easily covered in a forum reply. I can recommend trying out ZeD and then determine if this is the direction you want to take.

BR,
Mads
0 Kudos