cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DQ register settings.

takashitakahash
Contributor III

Dear community.

Our customer has question below. I am sorry that there are so many.

Question1

About  50.7.1 Regulator 1P1 Register (PMU_REG_1P1) of i.MX6DQRM.

1-1 The proper value of Brownout target of bi12 - 8 is not known.
       In the case how do I set it?
1-2  The setting value of bit 3 - 0 is not described.
         How do I set it?
         Also, what affects setting pull down?

Question2

About 50.7.2 Regulator 3P0 Register (PMU_REG_3P0) of i.MX6DQRM.

2-1 · The proper value of Brownout target of bi12 - 8 is not known.
          How do I set it?
2-2   The setting value of bit 2 - 0 is not described.
         How do I set it?
2-3   When not using USB, how can I set VBUS_SEL?
        Should it be OnTheGo rather than a host?

Question 3

About  50.7.3 Regulator 2P5 Register (PMU_REG_2P5) of i.MX6DQRM.

3-1  The proper value of Brownout target of bi12 - 8 is not known.
        How do I set it?
3-2  There is no description of the setting value of bit 18, bit 3 - 0.
        How do I set it?
        Also, what affects setting pull down?

Question 4

About 50.7.4 Digital Regulator Core Register (PMU_REG_CORE)

4-1  Is it possible to limit the current at LDO_ARM, LDO_SOC, LDO_PU startup time?
4-2   How do I set the appropriate voltage for each voltage?
         ARM is 792 MHz = min 1.15 V
         VPU is 264 MHz = min 1.15 V
        (VDD_ARM_CAP) - (VDD SOC) <100 mV
        (VDD_ARM_CAP) - (PU_CAP) <100 mV
        1.150 - 1.225 = - 0.075 = - 75 mV <100 mV: OK

Question 5  50.7.5 Miscellaneous Register 0 (PMU_MISC0)

5-1  Is it OK if STOP_MODE_CONFIG is set to "1" only, otherwise set to "0"?

Question 6  50.7.6 Miscellaneous Register 1 (PMU_MISC1n)

6-1 There was no description about w1c of bi-31-29
       Hou do I set ?
6-2  The setting value of bit 13 - 10 is not described.
        How do I set it?
6-3   Bit 9 - 0 relates to CCM, but here is how Should I set it?
       Is it necessary to match with the CCM register value?

Question 7 50.7.7 Miscellaneous Control Register (PMU_MISC2n)

7-1  Is Brownout target of bi18 - 16, bit 1 - 0 - 8, bit 2 - 0 correct in ReadOnly?
        If setting is necessary, the proper value is not understood. How do I set it?
7-2  For ## _ ENABLE _ ##, bit setting value is not described.
        How do I set it?
7-3  Do I have to match CCM settings on the  bit 31-30 of VIDEO_DIV, bit 23 of AUDIO_DIV_MSB, bit 15 of      

AUDIO_DIV_LSB,bit 7 of PLL3_disable  ?
 7-4  I do not know the best value of REG # _ STEP_TIME. How do I set it

Thank you,

Best Regards.

Takashi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

A1. The bits 12-8 0f the PMU_REG_1P1 register define the target output voltage of the LDO_1P1 regulator. It is recommended to keep unchanged their default value of 0x10 (meaning the target output voltage of 1.1V) as well as the default value of the bits 6-4 that define the target brownout value 175mV lower than the target output voltage (0.925V for the case under consideration).

The bits 3-0 of the PMU_REG_1P1 register should also be kept at their default values. Enabling the pulldown on the regulator's output by setting the ENABLE_PULLDOWN bit allows faster discharge of the 1P1 power rail during the system power off.

A2. The bits 12-8 of the PMU_REG_3P0 register define the target output voltage of the LDO_3P0 regulator. It is recommended to keep unchanged their default value of 0x0F (meaning the target output voltage of 3.0V) as well as the default value of the bits 6-4 that define the target brownout value 175mV lower than the target output voltage (2.825V for the case under consideration).

The bits 2-0 of the PMU_REG_3P0 register should be kept at their default values.

If USB is not used at all, the value of the bit 7 (VBUS_SEL) of the PMU_REG_3P0 register has no matter.

A3. The bits 12-8 0f the PMU_REG_2P5 register define the target output voltage of the LDO_2P5 regulator. It is recommended to keep unchanged their default value of 0x10 (meaning the target output voltage of 2.5V) as well as the default value of the bits 6-4 that define the target brownout value 175mV lower than the target output voltage (2.325V for the case under consideration).

The bits 18 and 3-0 of the PMU_REG_2P5 register should be kept at their default values.

Enabling the pulldown on the regulator's output by setting the ENABLE_PULLDOWN bit allows faster discharge of the 2P5 power rail during the system power off.

A4.

> Is it possible to limit the current at LDO_ARM, LDO_SOC, LDO_PU startup time?

No.

> How do I set the appropriate voltage for each voltage?

For target output voltage settings, please refer to the "Operating Ranges" table of the processor's Data Sheet document.

A5.

> Is it OK if STOP_MODE_CONFIG is set to "1" only, otherwise set to "0"?

It depends on what kind of STOP mode, Deep or Ligh, do you want to put the processor to.

A6.

> There was no description about w1c of bi-31-29 Hou do I set ?

These status bits are set by hardware when the corresponding interrupt condition raises. Write '1' to clear each of these bits, if set.

> The setting value of bit 13 - 10 is not described. How do I set it?

These bits are not related to PMU. They are used to configure the external CLK1_P/N and CLK2_P/N differential clocks as inputs or outputs.

> Bit 9 - 0 relates to CCM, but here is how Should I set it? Is it necessary to match with the CCM register value?

Actually, the PMU_MISC1n register is just the mirrored copy of the CCM_ANALOG_MISC1n register of CCM. So, you can program the CCM_ANALOG_MISC1n register and view the changes in the PMU_MISC1n one and vice versa.

A7.

> Is Brownout target of bi18 - 16, bit 1 - 0 - 8, bit 2 - 0 correct in ReadOnly? If setting is necessary, the proper value is not understood. How do I set it?

Of course, these bits are r/w, not read-only, this is just a typo in the manual. It's better to keep the maximum brownout offset, i.e. set these bits to 0b111.

> For ## _ ENABLE _ ##, bit setting value is not described. How do I set it?

You should set these ##_ENABLE_## bits to 1 to enable the brownout detection feature on the corresponding core domain regulator.

> Do I have to match CCM settings on the bit 31-30 of VIDEO_DIV, bit 23 of
AUDIO_DIV_MSB, bit 15 of AUDIO_DIV_LSB,bit 7 of PLL3_disable ?

The CCM_ANALOG_MISC2n register in CCM is just the mirrored copy of the PMU_MISC2n of PMU. So, all changes are reflected automatically.

> I do not know the best value of REG # _ STEP_TIME. How do I set it

Better to keep them at their default values of 0b00.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos