cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE1xF FlexNVM partiton restrictions

Jump to solution
raul10
Contributor I

I'm using the KE1xF with a FlexNVM size of 64 kByte. I want to partition it with 4 kByte EEPROM data set size and 32 kBytes data flash size.

However, the manual and AN5338 says the EEPROM backup size must be at least 16 times the EEPROM data set size which means the whole FlexNVM size has to be used as EEPROM backup size for the 4 kByte EEPROM data set size.

Where does this restriction come from? Is it only endurance? What happens if I'm partitioning the FlexNVM in the way above?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Raul10,

About the FlexNVM  EEPROM backup size question, I used the 8 times backup size to test it in the K20D72M before. The eeprom can work.
    I think, 16 times is mainly to ensure the endurance.

So,  to ensure the eeprom write endurance, you should better to refer to the RM, make sure 16 times backup size, otherwise, you don't know what the write endurance.

From the datasheet, you can find all the data is based on the 16times backup principle.

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
raul10
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Thank you for your investigation. Since the reliability is quite linear I can estimate it for ratios smaller than 16. This gives me for ratio 8 a reliability of minimum 70 K and typical 200 K, which is way enough for my application.

Raul

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Raul10,

About the FlexNVM  EEPROM backup size question, I used the 8 times backup size to test it in the K20D72M before. The eeprom can work.
    I think, 16 times is mainly to ensure the endurance.

So,  to ensure the eeprom write endurance, you should better to refer to the RM, make sure 16 times backup size, otherwise, you don't know what the write endurance.

From the datasheet, you can find all the data is based on the 16times backup principle.

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos