Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is VPORD range of S12XEG128?

Jump to solution
jtpark
Contributor IV

Hello,

I checked Power on Reset graph of S12XEG128 as the below,

but cannot find voltage range of VPORD in reference manual.

Would you please advise for me?

177705_177705.pngpastedImage_1.png

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi J.T.

You are right, the VPORD voltage level is not specified in RM.

The Internal core voltage which is what the POR circuit monitors can vary due to load, temperature and voltage drop over the internal regulator. Thus Vpord as a function of the internal voltage can't be exactly defined.

The upper extreme of VDDR value which refers to Vpord level (for 180nm S12X devices) is around 1.35V.

The deassert level may be tested by decreasing power supply voltage when MCU is in stop mode (VDDA, VDDX, VDDR monitors are not active).

Typically, we can assume POR levels around 1.0~1.2V at VDDR – this cannot be externally measured.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi J.T.

You are right, the VPORD voltage level is not specified in RM.

The Internal core voltage which is what the POR circuit monitors can vary due to load, temperature and voltage drop over the internal regulator. Thus Vpord as a function of the internal voltage can't be exactly defined.

The upper extreme of VDDR value which refers to Vpord level (for 180nm S12X devices) is around 1.35V.

The deassert level may be tested by decreasing power supply voltage when MCU is in stop mode (VDDA, VDDX, VDDR monitors are not active).

Typically, we can assume POR levels around 1.0~1.2V at VDDR – this cannot be externally measured.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos