SPC5777M not working standalone

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC5777M not working standalone

thangavelponnus
Contributor I

We are developing firmware using MPC5777M-416DS development board. Following are the tool sets:

1. IDE - S32 Design Studio

2. Debugger: PE Micro USB Multilink Universal Fx 

3. Board : MPC5777M-416DS development board

The board loaded with PPC5777M microcontroller(shipped with Development board) works fine both stand alone and with debugger tool. As the Development board comes with BGA socket, We can change microcontrollers. We loaded SPC5777M microcontroller into Development board. The board is working fine during debugging session. After debugging session, Development Board loaded with SPC5777M microcontroller did not work standalone. Otherside, PPC5777M microcontroller works fine both standalone and during debugging.

We used "MPC5777M-PinToggleStationery-S32DS" project from NXP to ensure problem is not because of our code. same problem exists for the NXP code too. Our production board is already soldered with SPC5777M microcontroller. So we need to make our code working with  SPC5777M microcontroller. That board too works well with debugger but not standalone.

What could be the problem?

1. any limitation with SPC5777M microcontroller?

2. any mismatch between Startup code generated by S32 Design Studio and SPC5777M microcontroller

3.  any compatibility issue between PE Micro USB Multilink Universal Fx debugger, SPC5777M microcontroller and S32 Design Studio

Labels (1)
3 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

there is one difference between PPC and SPC microcontrollers. SPC microcontroller's BAM sets RUN_CFG bit in register PCTL15 to value 3. If you do not know this fact it leads to incorrect Mode Entry module settings and SIUL2 peripheral should be frozen. This does not happen with debugger, because if PEMicro debugger is connected, BAM is not executed by default.

Please add the following code somewhere to your Mode Entry module settings (before you do mode transition):

MC_ME.PCTL15.B.RUN_CFG = 0;

You described the problem generally, so I hope this helps you. If not, please write me back and describe your problem more detail.

Regards,

Martin

thangavelponnus
Contributor I

Dear Martin,

Thanks for your inputs. It worked. Thanks a lot for your help. This problem made us to scratch our heads for a week. I am worried at the state of documentation from NXP. Is there any documents to detail this BAM code change? 1. Either changes should have been done in the S32 Design Studio startup code generation or 2.Sample applications provided from NXP(eg. Pin Toggle Summary) should have been updated

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I will create ticket for documentation team and I will update my PinToggleStationery example at community.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos