cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 SDMA under passed WML

haider
Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using SDMA with Serial. I have configured channel descriptor to use the script app_2_mcu to receive data from Serial RX FIFO.

I am successful whenever the data is equivalent to Water Mark Level but when the data is less than WML, I do get interrupt with the help of bit ATDMAEN in serial. Also, data is copied to destination but for some reason I am not able to figure how much data is read by DMA. I have tried to read the buffer descriptor count field in hope that it will be updated by script with the updated value, but it is showing me the original value that I programmed.

Is there a way to know how much data is copied by DMA in case of we are under the WML and Aging timer bit of serial is triggered?

igorpadykov‌ can you help?

Thanks,

Haider 

2 Replies

haider
Contributor II

Just solved it using a different script specifically written for UART reception.

Thanks,

Haider

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Haider

sdma request is triggered by reaching fifo data wml level, this is normal sdma operation flow,

I am afraid there is no way to know how much data is copied by DMA in case of it under the WML.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------