cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5179 ZigBee Binding

jainilshah
Contributor III
Hi All,

We are working with NXP JN5179 DK0005 devkit for one of our projects.
We are having some problems while implementing End Device Binding (E.g. Bulb with Switch) by issuing bind command to Coordinator. We are using "DR1175 LED Bulb Device" and "DR1199 Dimmer Switch Device" that comes along with Dev Kit for the Binding experiments and ZGWUI (Windows GUI Tool) for issuing Binding command to Coordinator.
We want to implement GUI based Binding where user can remotely select multiple Light Nodes along with Dimmer Switch Device from GUI and send this commands to Coordinator. Once the command is received by coordinator, the coordinator should issue binding commands to all the light nodes and the switch node to perform the Binding operation.

We would like to inform that we successfully tried "user initiated" method of binding the light node with Dimmer switch which involves "physical user intervention" with end devices. (E.g. Pressing & holding GPIO4 switch along with SW2 buttons on the Dimmer Switch and Light Node devices). However, we don't want to use the method which involves physical user intervention with End Devices.

Can you please help us in understanding and implement this binding process with NXP JN5179 DK0005 Kit?
It would be highly appreciated if you can provide step-by-step method along with Practical example.

Thanks in Advance!
Tags (4)
3 Replies

jainilshah
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am able to perform ZigBee device binding between end devices using ZGWUI tool.

I have tried to bind two end devices( Led bulb device and switch device) and I am able to bind the devices successfully.

I have tried binding two end devices using IEEE address in ZGWUI tool. Binding is operated on application level using clusters. One end device has to bind with other end device's cluster. So after performing binding, binding table is maintained on source device.

After binding, I am able to control ON/OFF LED bulb device using switch device.

Thanks,

Jainil Shah

0 Kudos

layengchan
Contributor I

Hi Jainil

I am trying to do  what you did. Can you send me an email so that I can discuss with you privately? My email is layeng80@gmail.com . Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

fehnrirx
Contributor I

Hi, Jainil Shah,

may i ask you in detail how do you do this binding stuff using ZWGUI? i cannot make it works somehow. i use coordinator to send the binding request to my devices, but it seems like it always return the error code

0 Kudos