Where can I find example code for MQX Keyboard device?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find example code for MQX Keyboard device?

omkar_ppk
Contributor II

Hello MQX community,

I am new to MQX and I am trying to find MQX example for USB keyboard device. I found the example for USB Keyboard host. Is there any example which has USB keyboard device implemented?

If the example doesn't exist, could anyone show me the closest matching example of any other device that I could make use of?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
5 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Omkar:

Please refer to the USB keyboard example in the MQX installation folder, including host and device.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\usb_v2\example\device\hid\hid_keyboard

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\usb_v2\example\host\hid\keyboard

Regards

Daniel

omkar_ppk
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to port USB Keyboard example to my running application which uses MQX 4.0.0.2 version. I can't upgrade the RTOS to 4.2.0 at this point. What is the best way to port the hid_keyboard example from MQX 4.2.0 to MQX 4.0.0.2?

Could you provide some guideline?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

USB v2 is a new unified USB stack, is designed to replace the legacy usb stack in MQX RTOS. It is possible to be ported to MQX 4.0 if you don't want to upgrade the RTOS. I would suggest you take a look at the USB_Stack_Porting_User_Guide under the MQX installation folder.

Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\usb_v2\USB_Stack_Porting_User_Guide.pdf

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

omkar_ppk
Contributor II

According to stack porting user guide mentioned here, I need to port fsl_usb_ehci_hal.h file or fsl_usb_khci_hal.h file but it is not mentioned where to. I tried copying whole usb_v2 folder along with the old MQX RTOS 4.0.0 but after all hustles of compilation errors and warnings I got following linking error

Error[Li005]: no definition for "USB_Framework_Periodic_Task" [referenced from usb_class.o(libusbd_mqx.a)]

I tried defining particular pre-processor directives but still can't get rid of this linking error. I have tried everything I could possibly think of.

Does anyone have USB Keyboard example for MQX RTOS 4.0.0? Please provide some guideline.

Thanks!

Omkar Karmalkar

0 Kudos

omkar_ppk
Contributor II

Found it.. Thanks Daniel!

0 Kudos