cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL03Z4 OpenSDA Segger Error in Final Launch Sequence

alexklimaj
Contributor I

Hello,

I am struggling to get the KL03Z4 working with OpenSDA Segger. When I go to load the application onto the device, I get the following error. 

177573_177573.pngpastedImage_1.png

I have the following debug configuration. 

177574_177574.pngpastedImage_2.png

177584_177584.pngpastedImage_3.png

177585_177585.pngpastedImage_4.png

177586_177586.pngpastedImage_5.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexklimaj
Contributor I

Erich,

I can start JLinkGDBServerCL.exe manually. 

I can succesfully use jlink debugging with the provided examples in the SDK. And I have matched the debugging profile settings exactly for my project, but I get that error. 

arm-none-eabi-gdb is not already running when I go to debug. 

With PNE, I am able to load programs on just fine, but the serial output is very spotty and hard to get to connect. I would much rather use Segger as the serial output is more reliable. 

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex,

I see you mention that this problem is not present with the SDK examples, is it present if you create a new project with the SDK 2.x project wizard? Or the problem is specific to that project only?:

Thanks in advance for your response!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

your settings are looking ok. One possible reasons is that it cannot start the Segger J-Link command line executable, which is <KDS installation path>\segger\JLinkGDBServerCL.exe. Can you check that this executable is present and if you can start it manually?

Another reason could be that there is already the arm-none-eabi-gdb excecutable running somehow. Can you check in your task mananager and if yes, kill it?

Other possible tips are listed here: Debugging Failure: Check List and Hints | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos