cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC33816 Developer Studio can't find installed Java

apalrd
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to program an MC33816 using MC33816 Developer Studio. The example project (peak and hold, 4 injector) opens correctly, but I can't get it to build. Developer Studio reports 'The required version of Java is not installed. Please install JRE 1.6 or higher'. I have installed the latest Java version (Java SE 8), and this does not fix the issue. I am not able to install JRE 1.6, as Oracle does not provide this version any more, and has not supported it since 2013.

If I try to call the MC33816 assembler directly through the command line, it appears to work correctly. 

I am currently running 64-bit Windows 7.

Thank you for your assistance.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
6 Replies

jagtapsuraj
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am facing a similar problem for PT2000 DEveloper Studio

pastedImage_2.png

It shows below error

pastedImage_3.png

I have below Java Version

pastedImage_4.png

Please help me in this regard

0 Kudos

b_tamkus
Contributor I

Hi,

I had the same problem with the PT2000 Developer Studio, Version 1.3.7.0. After installing the 32bit version of java jre it works fine.

Kind regards,

Birgit

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Andrew,
To determine the Java version , MC33816 Dev. Studio checks the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

There should be a CurrentVersion string in this registry key. On both of the systems I have access to, it was set to 1.8.
Best regards,
Tomas
0 Kudos

apalrd
Contributor I

Tomas,

I checked, and I have version 2.2.4.0 installed. I uninstalled it, downloaded it again, and reinstalled it, but it still will not build. I have checked the registry, and CurrentVersion is set to 1.8 as expected. There are also folders in regedit under Java Runtime Environment for 1.6, 1.6.0_45, 1.8, 1.8.0_111, and 1.8.0_121. 

I am still not able to build AN4849 on my computer.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Andrew,

Please find attached a version of the Developer Studio IDE that does not check the Java version so you can proceed while we investigate the issue further. You need to unzip the attached file, change the extension on the MC33816DevStudio.ex_ file from .ex_ to .exe and copy it to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\MC33816DevStudio”.

If you still have issues with this version please let me know.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrew,

I just downloaded and ran the latest MC333816 Developer Studio (v2.2.4) on a Windows 7 64-bit system, and it worked fine. The Java version installed on the computer is Java 8 update 121. I could open and successfully build the 2 example code projects for the MC33186 that are posted on the NXP web site.
The old JRE 1.6 was not installed on the computer I used for testing.

What version of MC33816 Dev. Studio were you using when the problem occurred? I would suggest downloading the latest version of MC33816 Dev. Studio and try again.
Best regards,
Tomas