whether TWR-K22F120M comes with in built boot loader?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whether TWR-K22F120M comes with in built boot loader?

shinodak
Contributor II

Hi,

I bought new TWR-K22F120M tower board. it has MK22FN512VDC12 mcu. I am using blhost and Kinetis flash tool. while connecting in kinetis flash tool it is giving error. whether TWR-K22F120M  comes with preprogrammed with boot loader? I also downloaded  "NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0" . which is the closest target that I can select to port it to MK22FN512VDC12 mcu.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shinod AK,

From the KBOOT2.0 release not, we can get that this kboot support the tower-k22f120M board.

But because this board's chip MK22FN512VMC12 don't have the ROM bootloader, then you need to use the flash bootloader, you need to download the bootloader code to your board at first. Please use this code: \NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\targets\MK22F51212

pastedImage_1.png

Build the tower_bootloader then download it.

After the flash bootloader  is porgrammed to your chip, then press reset, try to connect your COM to your blhost.

Please check these points, and try again.

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos