KRDM-KE04Z Demo Not Running - ERROR [0216/080404.082:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(426)] unexpected header

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KRDM-KE04Z Demo Not Running - ERROR [0216/080404.082:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(426)] unexpected header

dstraight
Contributor II

Hello,

This is my first 5 minutes using the FRDM-KE04Z evaluation board.  

After following the quick start instructions (FRDM-KE04Z Quick Start Package) and downloading the drivers

from here:

http://cache.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/board-support-packages/FRDM-KE04Z_QSP.zip?fsrch=1&sr=5...  

and here:

http://www.pemicro.com/opensda/ 

I plugged my FRDM-KE04Z board into the USB - it shows up as a mass-storage device on my virtual Windows 7 machine - called FRDM-KE04Z (as expected).   Briefly the RGB light cycled through - then nothing but a blinking green light between located U4 and U5 on the FRDM-KE04Z board.   I unplugged then replugged the USB in a few times - the green light between U4 and U5 is on solid - and nothing else happens.  According to the quick start instructions I should see the RGB LED respond to tilting the boars (thanks to the built in accelerometer).

Now, I did noticed a debug.log file in the FRDM-KE04Z directory (the mass storage device).  I opened the log file and found this:

[0216/080404.082:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc(426)] unexpected header

Being that I've spent all of 5 minutes on this and I have very little computer experience (although I have played a lot with Microchip) - I am unsure what to do next.  

I have not moved on to other steps - such as installing some kind of compiler.

Anyway, I'm sure there is a simple reason why the Demo appears not to run.   If anyone has suggestions I'd be happy to read them.

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
2 Replies

dstraight
Contributor II

Works now.   I reloaded the demo program (which is called Lab_demo_frdm.srec) into the FRDM-DE04Z by continuing with the instructions FRDM-KE04Z Quick Start Package (see FRDM-KE04Z Quick Start Guide.pdf).   

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI David Straight,

Thank you for your updated information.

If you find the code is not working, it may be caused by you erased the flash. so normally, you can reload the according demo code again.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!
Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos