Where is the reference design of imx6 solo?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the reference design of imx6 solo?

Jump to solution
翔李
Contributor IV

HI,

I am going to design a car-application production on imx6 solo,there is no imx6 solo sch and pcb on nxp's web,but has imx6 soloX. So,If I use imx6 solo,Can I usr the sch and pcb of imx6solo X?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to Table 8-20 (Serial ROM Boot eFUSE Descriptions) of i.MX6 S/DL RM.
Also, please use Table 8-23 (SPI IOMUX Pin Configuration) regarding pins using - looks

like - is OK in Your case. Note, QSPI is not supported by i.MX6 S/DL.

Regards,

Yuri.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may use i.MX6 DL design as base

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SABRE-AI-BASE-BOARD&appType=license&Parent_nodeId=133780... 

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES_CPU2&appType=license&Parent_nodeId=... 

Summary Page :

SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6|NXP 

Also, please refer to app note AN4397 (Common Hardware Design for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite)

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN4397.pdf 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
翔李
Contributor IV

thanks.

where is sch migration of IMX6 series,especial about imx6 solo and duallite?

Is it last email AN4397?

Also, please refer to app note AN4397 (Common Hardware Design for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad and i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite)

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN4397.pdf 

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

because of pin-to-pin compatibility - no need for migration : just common design is available.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
翔李
Contributor IV

But I already design a production on IMX6Q ,Now I am going to design a new board on imx6 solo,So,Is it pin-to-pin compatibility between imx6Q and imx6 solo on sch and pcb?

What is the difference between Q and solo in sch and pcb design?

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please follow the app note  AN4397.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos
翔李
Contributor IV

I am not sure Which sch for me to refer for designing imx6 solo is the best choice?

1:what is the difference between SCH-28605_B1.DSN and SCH-28605_B1_16P2 in 《SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES_CPU2.zip》?Which sch, for me to refer for designing imx6 solo? Also in other SABRE zip.

pastedImage_1.png

2:what is the difference between SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES.zip and SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES_CPU2.zip?   SABRE-AI-BASE_BOARD.zip and SABRE-AI-BASEBOARD,zip?

also,what is the difference between 《SABRE-AI-DUALLITE-CPU2.zip》and 《SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES_CPU2....SABRE_AI_DualLite_CPU2》?

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please look at my comments below.

> what is the difference between SCH-28605_B1.DSN and SCH-28605_B1_16P2

File SCH-28605_B1_16P2 is in so called OrCad 16.2 format - it is more suitable

for importing for other CADS.

> what is the difference between SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES.zip and

> SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES_CPU2.zip?

SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES is based on MX6 Quad Plus

SABRE_AI_DESIGNFILES_CPU2 - on MX6 Quad and Duallite

Regards,

Yuri.

翔李
Contributor IV

THANKS.

What's more,I did not find the boot mode list of imx6solo,where is the detail boot mode setting list,EIM_XXXX?

I am going to boot from 32MBYTE-SPI NOR FALSH orTFcard-SD2.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please refer to Table 8-20 (Serial ROM Boot eFUSE Descriptions) of i.MX6 S/DL RM.
Also, please use Table 8-23 (SPI IOMUX Pin Configuration) regarding pins using - looks

like - is OK in Your case. Note, QSPI is not supported by i.MX6 S/DL.

Regards,

Yuri.

翔李
Contributor IV

Thanks.

0 Kudos