AnsweredAssumed Answered

SPI PCS0 control

Question asked by Robert Gilmore on Feb 15, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 by Mark Butcher

TWR-K60D100M Platform.

I am using the SPI sample code, spi_demo, for SPI2, which includes hal_spi.c. I am trying to set PCS0 to ‘1’ at the start of transmitting a number of bytes and to ‘0’ at the completion.

My interpretation of the code in hal_spi_transfer_one_byte(u8 v, Bool end) suggests this should already be achieved in this code, but the output remains at ‘0’. I’ve also tried specifically configuring PCS0 as a output after selecting the port as a GPIO in init_io, but to no avail.

u8 hal_spi_transfer_one_byte(u8 v, bool end)

{

if(end)

SPI2_PUSHR = //SPI_PUSHR_CONT_MASK |

SPI_PUSHR_EOQ_MASK  |                   // sets bit 31 to ‘0’ to negate selected PCS after last byte

//  transmitted, EOQ - Last byte

SPI_PUSHR_PCS(1<<0) |                       // select PCS0

(v);

else

SPI2_PUSHR = SPI_PUSHR_CONT_MASK |                // Maintain PCS output

SPI_PUSHR_PCS(1<<0) |                     // select PCS0

(v);

while((SPI2_SR & SPI_SR_TCF_MASK)==0)                       // Wait until transfer complete

;

SPI2_SR |= SPI_SR_TCF_MASK;

return SPI2_POPR&0xff;

}

The actual SPI transmission works fine.

Any help to determine what I am doing wrong and why I cannot control PCS0 would be appreciated.

Outcomes