Did you mean: 

An error occured while connecting to the interface hardware

Jump to solution
skysword
Contributor II

Dear all:

I was using USB multilink debug my board, the following error:

176176_176176.pngpastedImage_1.png

And I will be transferred here parameters: (3): Multilink = 0.25Mhz, Multilink = 6.25Mhz, OSJTAG=0.25Mhz, press Retry to debug, I would like to ask why is this?

176211_176211.png无标题.png

In addition, in a development board, set to " (0): Multilink = 1Mhz, Multilink = 25Mhz, OSJTAG=0.25Mhz" can be debugged. Is not my board debugging interface circuit problems?

Look forward to your reply

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please check, if FAB pin is in logical 0 during reset? Also you can look at SSCM register and check if BMODE is 011 (Single chip mode).

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
skysword
Contributor II

I am using USB multilink download flash, the following review interface appears code:

pastedImage_1.png

Then I downloaded the program, but when I tried to run the program without power, it didn't work.

The function of the program is to control a LED light flashing. Attached to the whole project. I hope someone to help me check and check, this program can be downloaded and run on the development board.

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please clarify following points?

• which microcontroller and board you use?
  • which IDE you use?
  • have you correctly installed and updated PEMicro drivers?
  • are you able to flash program to microcontroller and debug it?

The reason why it does not work without debugger is that you do not have disabled watchdog.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
skysword
Contributor II

Hello Martin,

• I use the microcontroller is SPC5606SF2VLU6R
  • CodeWarrior for MCUVersion: 10.7
  • PEMicro driver is downloaded from WWW.PEMICRO.COM, there should be no problem.
  • Program can be downloaded into the flash, but the code can not run normally. Debugging can also be normal and can run the code.

Watchdog is disabled in the program.

My project in the development board can be downloaded and run correctly.

the development board is "MPC560SKIT144SEvaluation Kit for Qorivva MPC560xS, XPC56xxMB2 Motherboard and MPC560SADPT144S mini-module".

I doubt whether I have a schematic diagram of the board, you can help me check and check. Schematic is drawn with PADS 9.5, if you can help me check, I will upload to the annex.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I tested your code and it works correct for me. From my understanding you would like to blink LED diode. In main function you toggle pin PC13, but this pin is not connected to any LED diode on MPC56xx EVB motherboard.

LED diodes are connected to the following pins:

pastedImage_1.png

So if you want to use PC13, you have to connect this pin to LED diode manually.

Please let me know, if I understood your issue correct.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
skysword
Contributor II

Hello,

In this way, the MPC56xx EVB motherboard can be set by PE4, PE5, PE6, and PE7 pins to allow the corresponding LED light to be low.

On my own board, PC13 received a LED lamp, I mainly want to verify the success of the flash flash by flashing LED lights. Now the program can be debugged online to normal operation, but can not be downloaded to the normal operation of flash. Now the main problem is that my program should be no problem, should be the principle chart board has a problem, can you help me look at the principle figure where there is wrong, I will turn into a principle diagram of PDF document attached for your review.

Because the project is tight, I hope you can take the time to check on my principle diagram.

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please check, if FAB pin is in logical 0 during reset? Also you can look at SSCM register and check if BMODE is 011 (Single chip mode).

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
skysword
Contributor II

Hello,

I checked the FAB is high, and then I dropped to the external low, and then download the program to the flash can run.

This problem has been bothering me for a few days, and now it's settled. Thank you for your technical support.

But why the BDM_SPEED is set to " (3): Multilink = 0.25Mhz, Multilink = 6.25Mhz, OSJTAG=0.25Mhz" and the following can be downloaded for debugging,

BDM_SPEED is set to

" (0): Multilink = 1Mhz, Multilink = 25Mhz, OSJTAG=0.25Mhz" or 

" (1): Multilink = 0.5Mhz, Multilink = 12.5Mhz, OSJTAG=0.25Mhz" or 

(2): Multilink = 0.33Mhz, Multilink = 8.33Mhz, OSJTAG=0.25Mhz" but can not download debugging.

pastedImage_1.png

In the MPC56xx EVB motherboard of any value of the BDM_SPEED can be downloaded debugging,

Is SPC5606SF2VLU6R not supporting too fast?Or what are the factors that affect the speed of the BDM_SPEED?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

the speed is mostly dependent on wires impedance. Also robustness of the design can affect the speed you are able to communicate with device.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
skysword
Contributor II

hello,

I see. Thank you.

0 Kudos
fortunely
Contributor III

Maybe my experience will help you. It is useful to ensure the fireware is OK.

One debugger multilink universal can not work on evb WCT-15WTXAUTO(Interface: 14PIN JTAG), which the same error message occurs to you, but another debugger can work normally. I can no hardware, even though the all the multilink can work on evb FRDM-KEA128Q80(Interface: mini 10).

That is,

EVBMCUSeriesINTERFACEMULTILINK AMULTILINK B
 FRDM-KEA128Q80KEAZ128Cortex-M0+

PORT G

MINI 10

OKOK
WCT-15WTXAUTOWCT1013DSC

PORTA

14PIN JTAG

THE SAME ERROROK

You can try to update the fireware of U-Multilink by PEFirmwareUpdater.exe. My install root directory is C:\PEMicro\multilink_universal\PEFirmwareUpdater.exe.

HOWTOUPDATEFIREWARE_UMULTILINK.png

0 Kudos