cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum network throughput on LS1043ARDB-PB

ethanlee
Contributor I

Hi all, 

We are testing LS1043ARDB-PB network performance on how heavily it can suffer at the same moment.

The OS we use is debian 8.6 and kernel 4.1.8 with iperf3 (3.0.7). 

so far, we can open three iperf3 clients simultaneously and has 1 Gbe throughput for each iperf3 client. But when we open the fourth iperf3 client, all iperf3 processes terminated and there is no kernel error message happened.

Now, the maximum throughput was measured at: 3 Gbits/sec ~ 4Gbits/sec

Is this throughput reasonable for LS1043A? or is there something obvious that can be done to improve this performance?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for delayed response for this.

Unfortunately, we do not have ready-to-share iperf results for this device, if you wish to get these results from our benchmarking team, please contact our Sales/Marketing team via your authorized distributor to initiate these benchmarking measurements.

In the mean time, the only common iperf related suggestions could be given:

1. Run iperf with multiply streams/threads;

2. Use fmc and fman policy file to configure Ethernet ports, it can help improve performance;

3. Use command mpstat to check whether all cores are load balance.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ethanlee
Contributor I

Thanks for your reply to my question.

We have already got the performance test results for 10Gbe port from NXP FAE.

We will try your suggestions to test other 1Gbe ports for maximum network throughput it can suffer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos