cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX6 Solo Baremetal CSI Parallel Capture and Preview

arunachalamrama
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to capture / preview CSI Parallel input coming from ADV7180 connected to CSI1_DAT pins 12 to 19 of i.MX6 Solo.

ADV7180 get CVBS input at AIN1. ADV7180 is configured for 8 bit Interlaced YUV422 output.

The output is fairly OK when checked on Oscilloscope.

I am trying to get "camera preview" data flow through IPU as described in Table 9-4. Time-Shared Data Flows Through The IPU (continued) of i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite Applications Processor Reference Manual Document Number: IMX6SDLRM Rev. 2, 04/2015 (given below).

Camera Preview - VF2 - Sensor -> Fmem -> VDIC -> IC -> Bmem -> IRT -> Fmem + DSx - two inputs and/or interlaced input - When the VDIC is used for de-interlacing, one of the three input fields can go directly from the sensor to the VDIC

Display is Tianma TM040YDHG32 MIPI LCD. Capturing frame in RGB 888 format is also OK. I am using i.mx6 Platfrom SDK.

Is there any bare metal example code to configure IPU for VF2?

Regards,

Arun

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Arunachalam,

(1)>>ADV7180 connected to CSI1_DAT pins 12 to 19 of i.MX6 Solo.

The connection is correct.

(2) ADV7180 get CVBS input at AIN1. ADV7180 is configured for 8 bit Interlaced YUV422 output

Right, don't forget to configure it to be BT.656 mode

(3) About Platform SDK

The SDK is for customer as reference, we don't provide technical support for customer on Platform SDK.

(4) About supporting ADV7180

On our Sabre AI board, TV IN is supported, Caputre IC is just ADV7180, So suggest you had better port linux BSP to your board, this way can save your development time.

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos