fcrdiv

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fcrdiv

Chris_T
Contributor I

using FCRDIV to get to 4 Mhz in VLPR mode on the Kinetis K65.

Upon bootup while in FEI state I set MCG_SC_FCRDIV(0).

The code then transitions to RUN mode running of an external oscillator.

Our code will transition into and out of VLPR mode from the run mode depending if there is processing that needs to be done.

Whenever we go into VLPR mode running off the internal 4 Mhz clock we only see a clock out of 2 Mhz. It acts like my setting of FCRDIV is not working. If I set it to zero the divider should be 1 and then I should see a 4 Mhz output.

While in VLPR the SIMDIV has been set to 0 for core, system, and flexbus. That means there is no divider on MSGCLKOUT. The flash clock is set to make sure the flash clock restriction is met while in VLPR.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Chris_T
Contributor I

Thank you robin. Unfortunately the code that I work with will not work on the tower.

I do have some more questions.

1. I am setting the MGC_SC and the SIM_DIV registers before entering VLPR. I actually set up the MGC_SC register in the FEI state. Does the FCRDIV setting have any effect while in in any other mode such as RUN as long as the internal fast clock is not enabled?

2. Does this setting of FCRDIV look correct? I am setting this in the FEI state.

// Set FCRDIV to 0 so that when the internal fast clock is used it will not

// be divided down. This will allow us to get to the max frequency of the

// 4 Mhz fast clock.

unsigned char tempRegister = MCG_SC;

tempRegister &= ~(MCG_SC_FCRDIV_MASK);

tempRegister |= MCG_SC_FCRDIV(0);

MCG_SC = tempRegister;

3. I am setting the dividers just before entering VLPR mode. MSGCLKOUT should be at 4 Mhz because of the setting of FCRDIV. Does this look correct?

// The MSGCLKOUT is then divided by SIMDIV of 0, 0, 0, 7.

//

// 0 = divide by 1

// 7 = divide by 8

//

// Thus, the following rates apply in this situation:

// Core/System = 4Mhz

// Bus = 4Mhz

// Flexbus = 4Mhz

// Flash = 500Khz // Cannot go over 800 due to security processor errata

// see section 6.5.2 VLPR mode clocking in reference manual

SetSysDividers2( 0, 0, 0, 7 );

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chris,

The MCG\SIM\OSC module of MK65FN2M0VMI18(on TWR-K65F180M) and MK65FN2M0CAC18 is the same.
You can refer the code in that exmaple.

APP_SetClockVlpr.png

CLOCK_SetInternalRefClkConfig.png

And have you try to observe the 4MHz MCGIRCLK on CLKOUT pin(PTC3)?

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chris,

Have you try to test the power_manager demo in SDK_2.1_TWR-K65F180M.

power_manager.png

After input D , the MCU will enter VLPR. And you will get the Core Clock = 4MHz.

serial terminal.png

You can observe the 4MHz MCGIRCLK on CLKOUT pin(PTC3):

1. Open the Clock Gate of PORTC.  CLOCK_EnableClock(kCLOCK_PortC);

2. Select the Pin Mux of PORTC3 to Alternative 5 as CLKOUT function. PORT_SetPinMux(PORTC, 3u, kPORT_MuxAlt5);

3. Select the MCGIRCLK to output on the CLKOUT pin. CLOCK_SetClkOutClock(0x04);

Clocking diagram.png

CLKOUT SIM_SOPT2.png

See also below information.(It seems that you have already notice these informations.)

MCG_SC[FCRDIV].png

VLPR mode clocking.png

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos