We have been having problems with MK20DX64VLH7 in one of our new designs. The processors with mask code 2N36B are constantly resetting when powered up (sawtooth voltage shape on the RESET_b pin), but mask code 1N36B processors have no problems.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have been having problems with MK20DX64VLH7 in one of our new designs. The processors with mask code 2N36B are constantly resetting when powered up (sawtooth voltage shape on the RESET_b pin), but mask code 1N36B processors have no problems.

sergeysmolyakov
Contributor I

We have been having problems with MK20DX64VLH7 in one of our new designs.  The processors with mask code 2N36B are constantly resetting when powered up, but mask code 1N36B processors have no problems. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Can you confirm that the part is programmed?

Also please help me to check that you do not have any hardware issue, you can put on 1N36B part on a failed board and check what happens.

On the following link you can check the errata for the mask set 2N36B and for the 1N36B

Regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos

sergeysmolyakov
Contributor I

Hi Vicente,

Thanks for prompt answer.

We have preproduction launch where 28 units with 1N36B successfully programmed and functioned and 14 units with 2N36B, which does not work (continues reset) after successful programming.

We studied errata sheets for 1N36B and 2N36B and tried to reduce ramp of 3.3V VDD for MCU to less than 17KV/Sec in our experiments, but without luck.

Regards,

Sergey Smolyakov

Hardware Design Engineer, Ph.D

ALCOHOL COUNTERMEASURE SYSTEMS CORP

60 International Boulevard

Toronto, Ontario M9W 6J2 CANADA

T 416 619 3500 x3609

F 416 619 3501

acs-corp.com

**Please think of the environment before printing this email

0 Kudos