Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZigBee BeeStack/BeeKit settings for a ZC forming a network

Jump to solution
atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello,

We have a custom hardware with MKW24D512 on it. I wish to learn how to set BeeKit and also BeeStack so that it is set as a ZC and tries to form a network as the first thing it does.

How to do this? What is the relation of it to ZDO api? Where should the formation take place inside the code?

Regards,

Mete

Labels (2)
1 Solution
jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Atilla,

As a first approach, I'd suggest you to take a look into some ZigBee simple demo projects:

ZigBee light Coordinator
C:\Freescale\Kinetis_BeeStack_5.0.0\examples\zigbee_HAOnOffLight\kw2x\frdmkw24\freertos\iar\zigbee_HAOnOffLight_frdmkw24_freertos_Zc_Rs

ZigBee switch Router
C:\Freescale\Kinetis_BeeStack_5.0.0\examples\zigbee_HaOnOffSwitch\kw2x\frdmkw24\freertos\iar\zigbee_HaOnOffSwitch_frdmkw24_freertos_Zr_Rs

Demo documentation:
Kinetis ZigBee Stack Demo Applications User's Guide - C:\Freescale\Kinetis_BeeStack_5.0.0\doc\KZSDAUG.pdf

ZDO states for network formation are managed in ASL_UserInterface.c -> ASL_UpdateDevice()

View solution in original post

3 Replies
garabito
Contributor III

Hi Juan Carlos Pacheco :

I use a Linux and i cant find your recommendation in my HDD , so, are there some place in the freescale where can i download this demo projects?

Thanks

0 Kudos
jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Carlos, 

Unfortunately, the BeeStack 5.0.0 is only available for IAR compiler on Windows.

You may be interested in the KW41Z Connectivity Software. It supports multiple protocols for 2.4GHz: SMAC, IEEE802.15.4 MAC, GFSK, Thread and BLE. The package is also available for Linux. See FRDM-KW41Z|Freedom Development Kit|NXP --> Downloads --> Protocol Stacks.

-JC

jc_pacheco
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Atilla,

As a first approach, I'd suggest you to take a look into some ZigBee simple demo projects:

ZigBee light Coordinator
C:\Freescale\Kinetis_BeeStack_5.0.0\examples\zigbee_HAOnOffLight\kw2x\frdmkw24\freertos\iar\zigbee_HAOnOffLight_frdmkw24_freertos_Zc_Rs

ZigBee switch Router
C:\Freescale\Kinetis_BeeStack_5.0.0\examples\zigbee_HaOnOffSwitch\kw2x\frdmkw24\freertos\iar\zigbee_HaOnOffSwitch_frdmkw24_freertos_Zr_Rs

Demo documentation:
Kinetis ZigBee Stack Demo Applications User's Guide - C:\Freescale\Kinetis_BeeStack_5.0.0\doc\KZSDAUG.pdf

ZDO states for network formation are managed in ASL_UserInterface.c -> ASL_UpdateDevice()