cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centralizing my projects and KSDK folder

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

Currently, I am going back to centralizing our software and KSDK folder in a single location.  We currently

all work at individual computers and have Kinetics and KSDK folder installed in each.  I am now trying

to centralize our software and have a single KSDK folder in the NAS drive, so that our software developers

can all look at and work with any existing project.

I have some questions regarding what I am trying to do:

1.  Is there any documentation on doing this?

2.  I have copied the KSDK_1.3.0 folder into the NAS directly, is there any issues with doing this?

3.  I don't know if the IDE should reside in the individual PCs or should it reside in the NAS?

Issue I am having:

As a test, I copied the KSDK folder to the NAS drive.  I opened Kinetics IDE and started a new project

with the workspace choosing the NAS as my location.  I imported an existing project and re-directed

my project path to reflect the new location of my KSDK folder.  When I compile the project, I am getting

an error stating that a file/directory doesn't exists.  If I look inside the KSDK folder, I can see that the  file

and path to it does exists and are correct.  I don't know if having the location of the actual IDE/Kinetics

outside of the NAS has anything to do with the issue I am having.

Has anyone tried centralizing their projects and the KSDK folder and can help me with this?

Thank you,

Neil

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

when you import project into KDS, ensure option "Copy projects into workspace" is turned off (this option is not supported for SDK example projects). If the NAS is mapped as a local disk, there should not be any problem.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Marek,

The NAS is mapped as a local disk on all our PCs.  Yesterday I tried creating a new project using the NAS as the workspace.  I was able to

do this no problem.  I began having issues when I tried to include a driver/module from the KSDK_1.3.0 folder that is located on my NAS drive.

One of the drivers is having issues with is the Fatfs.  When I try to compile it, it complains about the fsl_sdhc_driver.h file or directory missing.

I hunted down the .h file since I know where it is located and it was there.  I also made sure that the Build Variables was set to point to the location

of my KSDK_1.3.0 folder.  I also made sure that the Settings->Cross Arm C Compiler->Includes paths were set to find the fsl_sdhc_driver.h file.

Unfortunately, every time I compiled the new test project, it kept complaining about the same thing.  I repeated this same process, but in one of our

PCs just to make sure I wasn't missing something, but it compiled correctly.

This is what let me into thinking, if the Kinetics IDE needed to be installed in the NAS?

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil,

I do not think that installation of KDS into NAS will solve the issue.

I'd recommend to create "stand-alone" projects, e.g. copy all sources into your project and store all sources in SCM (such as Git). This allows easily share sources within the team and also have all sources included in the project, so whener time later you can re-compile the project.

For KSDK 2.0, New Project Wizard in KDS can create the sand-alone project for you. For KSDK 1.3 this feature is not supported in New Project Wizard, so you have to do it manually.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos